There’s a simple step by step guide parents can use if they want to apply for Tax-Free Childcare, at www.gov.uk/get-tax-free-childcare
It tells them:
- How to find out the childcare support option that’s best for them
- How to check if they’re eligible for Tax-Free Childcare
- How to apply for Tax-Free Childcare
If their application is successful they will get an online childcare account, where they can:
- Select a childcare provider
- Pay money into their account and receive the government ‘top-up’
- Pay their childcare provider
They will need to reconfirm (every 3 months) to check that they are still eligible for Tax-Free Childcare.
You don’t need to do anything, but telling your employees about the step by step guide and where to find it may help then with their childcare costs.